The following terms and conditions have been prepared to help you make the most of Just So Physio’s services. These terms and conditions, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the services we provide when you are having physiotherapy or acupuncture treatment with us and visiting our website, including any external event in which Just So Physio participates.
In these terms and conditions the following definitions apply:
• ‘Just So Physio’, ‘We’ or ‘Us’ means Just So Physio.
• ‘Patient’ or ‘You’ means someone who has had treatment with us or is booked to have treatment.
• ‘Treatment room’ or ‘clinic’ means the location at which the treatment occurs as indicated by Just So Physio.
• ‘Service’ or ‘treatment’ means any physiotherapy or acupuncture therapeutic intervention that we carry out
Before you agree that we will provide Services to you and/or carry out the Initial Assessment, please read the terms and conditions. If you have questions concerning them please ask before entering into a contract with us. Please do not use any of these services if you disagree with any of our terms.
Treatment at Just So Physio
• Before taking part in any treatment at Just So Physio a registration and consent form must be completed.
• Your registration information is held securely by Just So Physio in accordance with NHS Records Management code of practice for health and social care.
• By completing the Just So Physio registration form at the clinic you are applying to become a patient of Just So Physio and accept these terms and conditions.
• Acceptance of a patient is at the sole discretion of Just So Physio.
Before we provide any Services, we shall perform an initial assessment of your needs and requirements. The exact Services we will provide to you will depend on what we agree and what is the result of the Initial Assessment. An Initial Assessment consists of:
• A discussion of your needs with us;
• An evaluation of your needs;
• A full objective examination of your problem, which will involve following our reasonable instructions as set out below; and
• Agreeing a programme of recommended action to address your needs and requirements.
An Initial Assessment takes 30 minutes and will involve talking about your past medical history and what the issues relating to your condition are.
Please note that after the Initial Assessment has been carried out, we may decide that we cannot provide any Services if, for example, treatment for the condition may not be suitable or appropriate.
It is not possible that any particular result or outcome can be guaranteed as a result of us providing the Services. Our aim is to provide the Services using reasonable care and skill and we shall seek to enable you to achieve your desired outcomes. Some patient’s conditions may take longer than others to treat and we will regularly reassess the treatment plan. You have sole responsibility for acting on any recommendations or advice Just So Physio may give. We have no liability for any loss incurred by you, whether financial or otherwise, following our provision of the Services, nor for any perceived failure by you, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve your desired outcomes or goals.
If we have not agreed the number of sessions to be provided, we shall provide sessions on a session-by-session basis. We will agree the date and time of the first session and any subsequent sessions by telephone, in person, or by e-mail.
Your rights and responsibilities following our reasonable instructions
In order for us to provide proper treatment, we will give reasonable instructions which you should follow. This will include, for example, removing some items of clothing for many conditions to be treated.
We may set you home exercises to be completed between sessions. You are not obliged to complete these exercises; but if you do not complete them, your progress in achieving the desired outcomes may be slowed down.
Stopping a Session
We may stop a session at any time and not continue it if we consider that you are not following our reasonable instructions. If this happens, you will still be liable (at our discretion) to pay the fee for that session.
Costs of sessions and payment
Our fees for each session are as confirmed by us to you and payment is to be made upon completion of each treatment session.
You are personally liable to pay all of our fees and any surcharges incurred, such as any cancellation fees. We are happy to accept you as a patient if you are arranging to pay through a third party, such as private medical insurance, however it is your responsibility to check with that third party whether you have to pay any excess and how much treatment they will pay for, as you will be liable for any payment they do not make.
If you are late for a session or if you or us cancel or rearrange a session if you are late
If you are late arriving at a session, the session will begin on your arrival and continue until the time when it is scheduled to end. If you wish the session to overrun, and we agree, then you may be charged at our discretion for the extra time we spend in providing the Services.
If you cancel or do not turn up for a session
If you have booked a session and you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice or do not turn up for the session, then you are liable to pay a £20 cancellation fee. Please be aware that, in many cases, insurance companies will not pay our fees if you have not turned up or cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice and as is the case above, if your insurance company will not pay, you will be liable for such payment.
If we cancel
On occasion, we may have to cancel a scheduled session. This may occur, for example, if a staff member is sick or if a preceding session has overrun. If we have to cancel a scheduled session, we will book you another appointment as soon as reasonably possible. No charge will be made to you for the session cancelled by us.
We may change any of these terms or conditions, including our fees.
In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by you, refusal to be treated in a reasonable way, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, we may decide to terminate the services early and or refuse or be unable to provide further sessions to you. In such circumstances, we shall give you reasonable notice of termination where practicable and will refund to you any advance payment made for sessions not yet provided.
If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of this contract (or any part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the contract will not be affected.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform our obligations under this contract as a result of any event beyond our control including but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, fire, flood or storm or breakdown of machinery.
Contacting each other
If you wish to send any notice or letter then you should send it to our principal place of business or if none is apparent, the venue where your treatment takes place. If we wish to send you a letter or notice, we shall use the address you have given in the Initial Assessment. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this agreement is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
Disputes and governing law
If you are unhappy with the services Just So Physio provides, we hope you will discuss any problems or issues with the practitioner who treated you first. This agreement is governed and construed by English law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Health and Safety
• You acknowledge that you are fully aware that the attendance in our clinic involves risks and that you accept all the risks of participating.
• You affirm that you are in proper physical condition to be able to enter our clinic and participate in any treatment activity associated with Just So Physio and its equipment, and are aware that there are risks in participating in any physical activity, potentially which could result in injury, serious injury or death.
• You agree to declare all injuries, illness, pregnancy and medication being taken whilst filling out the registration form. If any of these change whilst being a patient at Just So Physio, you will make us aware before your next visit and prior to undertaking any further treatment.
Limitations of Liability
• Just So Physio, nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of property, left outside of the clinic by you.
• All vehicles and bicycles parked or locked outside of our premises are left at the owner’s risk and Just So Physio cannot be held responsible.
• Just So Physio does not accept liability for any loss or damage of personal items on its premises.
• Just So Physio cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, illness or, in the worst circumstance death which happens on our premises or as a result of our facilities or services provided.
• Without prejudice to the conditions set out under our Health and Safety terms, it is your responsibly to ensure you are in the appropriate physical and mental condition to enter our clinic and participate in treatment. If in doubt it is your responsibility to ask a member of staff for help.
• We do not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites which may be linked or accessible through our own site, and we do not approve or endorse the content of such sites.
Confidentiality & Privacy
We shall treat all personal and business information supplied by you as confidential. We shall not disclose such information to any third party without your prior permission, except where required by law or where action might be necessary to protect you or someone else.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and we shall treat all personal data in accordance with the requirements of that Act.